These Crispy Cauliflower Bites make a great party appetizer or even a tasty side dish.
I think they would also be great as a snack while watching your favorite show/sports team. They are coated with a panko and Parmesan crust and seasoned with a delicious creole seasoning.
Make it for friends and watch it disappear before your eyes.
Crispy Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning*
- oil for frying
- Working in batches dredge the cauliflower florets in the flour, dip into the eggs, and coat in the mixture of the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and creole seasoning before frying them in oil heated to medium-high (~350F/180C) until golden brown and setting them aside on paper towels to drain.
- Enjoy warm by itself or with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts:Calories 337,Fat 13.8g (Saturated 3.9g,Trans 0),Cholesterol 92mg,Sodium 346mg,Carbs 34g (Fiber 5g,Sugars 4g),Protein 15g
*Creole Spice Blend Seasoning
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- Mix everything.