Forget that pre-made mac & cheese and try these delicious Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Shells instead.
This is a quick one dish meal with a creamy sauce and spices added to cooked chicken, broccoli and, of course, pasta. I love using shell pasta in this dish because it helps capture some of the yummy cheese sauce instead of just laying on top of the pasta.
Our family loves this dish and I think your will too. Enjoy!
- 8 oz pasta shells
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook according to package directions. Add the broccoli to the boiling water the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the butter and melt over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for about a minute to create a roux. Slowly whisk in the milk and cheese and bring to a boil over medium high heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add in pasta shells, broccoli, and chicken and toss to coat in the sauce. Serve immediately.